In 1995 the World Muaythai Federation W.M.F. was founded by the joining of the two organizations which had previously administered International Amateur Muaythai. The new organization was presided over by General Chaisit Shinawatra and had its Head Office at Bangkok’s National Stadium sports complex.
The World Muaythai Federation had been tasked with preserving, developing and promoting REAL Muaythai at all levels from Amateur to ProAm.
It has thus been instrumental in the growth of international interest in the sport and the martial art to the point that as of August 2012 the Federation had over 70 full member countries and 26 associated members. All of this had been made possible by love and dedication of the members, the sports practitioners, athletes, coaches supporters and the leaders which previously have put their visions and long terms goals for the sport into practice. Since Gen. Tienchai Sirisumpan (Founder and first President of W.M.F.) to Gen. Chaisit Shinawatra (2 terms President of W.M.F.) to Gen. Akachai Chantosa (2 terms President of W.M.F.).
1. Honorary President of W.M.F. – Lt.Gen. Akachai Chantosa
After serving as the President of W.M.F. for 2 consecutive terms (elected March 2008 till March 2012, reelected March 2012 till March 2016) General Akachai Chantosa have been appointed as a Honorary President of W.M.F. in January 2017. During his tenure at the helm of W.M.F. he had supported and developed with the Executive Team the long term vision for the Amateur Sport and the further development of Cultural Relations with the members of W.M.F. in their respective territories.
2. Honorary Chairman of W.M.F. PRO – Mr. Somchart Charernwacharawit: Mr. Somchart Charernwacharawit is the President of the Professional Boxing Association of Thailand (P.A.T.) and one of the most prominent figures in the world of Professional Muaythai. He had dedicated all of his life to the art of Muaythai, and had been one of the pioneers in organizing the Sport at the Professional level. He’s currently overseeing and is promoting under the Patronage of the P.A.T. the Muaythai development in Asia and Internationally at all levels from teaching, organizing seminars and workshops and endorsing and sanctioning prestigious events under full Muaythai Rules.
3. Gen.Sompoch Nontacha – Honorary VP of W.M.F.
4. Gabriela Murg – Executive VP of Legal and International Affairs: After years of acting as an adviser and consultant to the President office and the World Federation, in March 2012, she had been nominated and elected by the member countries, present at the World Congress, to take a much active role in the World Muaythai Federation (W.M.F.) as an Executive VP of Legal and International Affairs to all its members and the affairs of the federation. With her extensive background in negotiations and business strategy, she’s committed to continue to expand the vision of W.M.F. and create a suitable environment for all members to advance and better represent Muaythai and Thai culture internationally.
5. Artur Mariano – Vice President of W.M.F.
Mr Mariano, a long standing member of W.M.F., Country Representative for Brazil and President of CBMT, also the elected President of the PanAmerican Muay Confederation (zone Representative for the PanAmerica), had been elected unanimously as a VicePresident of W.M.F. in March 2016. His proven track record in Sport, his dedication to the organization and determination to further the Martial Arts and the Sport worldwide made him a front runner for the position.
6. Antonio Krauss – General Secretary og W.M.F.
A vocal advocate for equality in sports, fair play and good governance for the sports institutions, he had been chosen and elected to be the General Secretary of the World Federation. A former athlete, a leader in Sport development and a supporter of the traditional sports principles he had proven that he is qualified and ready to take on a new challenge with the Federation. He had committed to dedicate and support the W.M.F., its principles and further the democratic development of the organization to become a positive example on the world stage of sport.
1. Gen. Apichart Thaebsornchai
2. GM Toddy
3. Mario da Silva
W.M.F. Executive board members
Technical Consultants for Sports and Martial Arts Heritage
1. Dr. Chattuchai Champahon – General Director
2. Dr. Sawang VITHAYAPITAKS – Education, teaching and training member
3. Dr. Veera Kuschapakirin – Consultant for Technical Sports Aspects
International Sports Coordinators
1. Amir Ranjdar
2. Julia Symannek
3. Maria Kozleva
4. Ohad Kurland
5. Saysamone Sayasone